Tranquil Tanzania

Departing Dubai at 10:40am, it was a short and easy 4 and a half hour flight over to Dar Es Salaam in Tanzania. With only one service, the flight went quickly and we had time to eat our food and decide what we were also going to do with our layover! Landing around 3pm local time, we made our way over to the hotel to check in and arranged to meet at the pool bar for a drink and a sunbathe before dinner that evening. However, when I got to my room and saw the bed and laid down for a little 5 minute breather, I managed to sleep right through until I had to be up to meet the crew for food that evening. I must have been pretty sleepy!!



I quickly changed, fixed my hair and make up and went down to the lobby to meet the others. There were 9 of us in total and one of the first class crew was from Dar Es Salaam so she had recommended a restaurant and arranged for a driver to take us there and back.

Ready for dinner and drinks!

We made our way over to a restaurant called Cape Town Fish Market which was around a 15 minute drive from the hotel. A weird name for a restaurant when we were in Dar Es Salaam but apparently its a crew favourite and we also get discount there. I ordered the lobster and a local beer and the portion size of the food was absolutely ridiculous! Although I did manage to eat it all… with room for a pudding… which I also finished (diet can start next Monday) whilst we were sat along the beach front with a lovely view of the coastline.


One of the best lobsters I’ve ever eaten!


A few of the crew continued onto the casino after dinner but I wasn’t really bothered for gambling so headed back to the hotel for a lovely bubble bath in the huge tub in my room whilst watching The X Factor before going to bed.

I woke early the next morning to go to the restaurant in the hotel for breakfast. We receive complimentary breakfast and they also serve fresh coconut water so I was looking forward to filling up (how on earth I was hungry after all the food the night before) before tanning at the infinity pool in the hotel.


A rather cloudy morning so not great for sunbathing or swimming, so after a little wander around the hotel I had a quick hour nap before the wake up call to go back to Dubai. Not an incredibly exciting trip, but one that was very relaxing and needed as when I came back to Dubai my Mum visited for 5 days! There’ll be a blog on my staycation in the next few days. This marked the end of the month for September (where has this year gone) leading onto October which is my reserve month. For those of you not following me on Twitter my reserve so far has gone like this:

1st October: Day Off
2nd October: Rest Day
3rd October: Home Standby 3am – 9am

I shall keep you updated with what the rest of the month brings.


As always, feel free to follow me on Twitter and Instagram for more daily updates:


6 Comments Add yours

  1. Looks like an amazing time!


  2. Grandma Myra says:

    hello our gorgeous girl ..enjoyed reading about your stay in Tranquil Tanzania ! lots of love ,hugs and tons of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Grandma Myra …

    Liked by 1 person

  3. smartlife says:

    nice to see you liked your stay hopefully next time you will come during a better time and see no rain. Try Kigamboni, or the beach close by you will love it….From a Dar resident

    Liked by 1 person

  4. che04kohler says:

    Hi Jessica,

    Very cool post would love to feature your experience of Tanzania on our travel blog –

    Check us out and let me know if you’d be keen


    1. Yeah of course, feel free to share ☺️


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s